The DVI Multimode Fiber Extender pair is a DVI fiber transmitter / receiver set for up to 300m distance transmission. Using Multimode Fiber Technology the DVI and HDMI signals with HDCP encryption are transmitted over only one Multimode 50/125 fiber core. Sources and display devices both have galvanic isolation to avoid ground loops as well as humming effects. No delays occur in the signal, as the video image is transported without any frame latency. The DVI Multimode Fiber Extender pair supports EDID pass-through allowing the video source to read video display device’s capability.
Pixel Accurate Reclocking is Lightware proprietary technology which provides exceptional signal regeneration capability. The circuitry cleans the signal from noise, skew and jitter which are caused by long cable runs and EMC incompatible devices.
In some applications our OPTM-TX90 transmitters can be powered from DVI source which makes the installation even simpler, but in other cases it might need to be powered with a USB cable. The OPTM-RX90 receivers always need the USB power supply. Recessed thumbscrews allow easy mounting directly to DVI-D sockets by hand, or by using a flatbladed screwdriver. It is very useful in space saving applications, where the connectors are at their closed quarters and can only be reached from the rear side. The massive solid metal casing provides excellent cooling and maximal reliability.
- Extends DVI or HDMI signals with Multimode Fiber Technology
- 1920 x 1200 or 2048 x 1080 maximal resolutions
- Plug & Play
- Zero frame latency – no delay
- No compression
- EDID transparency
- Pixel Accurate Reclocking
- TX and RX both have Link status LEDs
- Power supply from Micro-B USB cable or DVI source in case
- Power supplied through DVI-D connector for transmitter
- Max fiber cable length of 300m (OM3 50/125 Multimode fiber)
- DVI-D connector sized form factor
- Solid metal housing for professional use
- Recessed (slotted) thumbscrews
- Improved ESD protection
- LC connectors
- Supported: uncompressed: PCM, Multichannel PCM
compressed: DTS, Dolby Digital
- Not supported: Dolby True HD, DTS-HD, DTS-HD Master Audio